Commissioning and providing Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) in your area will improve the life chances of first-time young parents and their children by breaking the cycle of disadvantage. FNP:
- Helps to identify and manage safeguarding issues quickly and effectively
- Supports mothers to build self-efficacy, helping them to get back into education, employment or training
- Improves child health and development (e.g. school readiness)
- Addresses the six early years high impact areas - transition to parenthood, maternal mental health, breastfeeding, healthy birthweight and nutrition, managing minor illness and reducing accidents, and supporting child development
- Delivers the Healthy Child Programme to first-time teenage mothers
- Helps young parents to access and engage with other local services
- Helps to save money in the long-term by addressing young parents’ needs early.
Our outcomes include:
- 58% of FNP clients initiate breastfeeding
- 81% of FNP babies meet the same developmental milestones as their peers at fourteen months
- 92% of FNP babies up to date with immunisations at six months
To find out more about commissioning FNP in your area, please email us.